I recently released a new PLR pack in the store about Perfectionism, and thought this was the perfect opportunity to show you exactly how I turn articles into a report. I have done this for you in the pack, but now you will also know how to do it yourself for other packs. Specifically, how to choose which articles to include in the report, and in what order.
Step #1: Look at the List of Articles
This is obvious. You need to know what articles you are working with, read the titles thoroughly, and start to work on an order that makes sense to you. With a report, you really want it to flow nicely, from one section or chapter to the next. This is why it is important to get that order right.
Below is an image of the text document I provide when I create PLR packs. This is a list of the articles included – and the word counts. Knowing the word counts also helps, because if you have articles especially short or long, you might want to combine them or break them up.
Step #2: Figure Out a Good Order for the Report
As you can see, the articles don’t really follow a specific sequence, so you want to switch them up so that they work in a report. What I like to do is first copy and paste the same list of articles beneath the original list, then move them around that way. I only do this so that I can keep the original document intact. You don’t have to 🙂
This image below shows how I copy/paste the list.
I then decided to rearrange them a little bit. Looking at the list of articles, I tried to figure out how I wanted my report to begin. For the topic of Perfectionism, I decided the first section of the report should give some background/general info of what it is, then go into the different tips for living as a perfectionist.
This is why I chose the “Your Views of Perfectionism and How They Affect You” article. It made sense to me that this would first show them why it can be hard to deal with. A good opener for the report. Then I went with the “Signs You Might Be a Perfectionist” next, as it provides a good flow to the next phase of understanding perfectionism.
Here is the final order I went with. You can see the original articles list on top, and my new list for the report on the bottom.
Step #3: Setting Up Your Report
Now that you know the order of your articles, you can create your report. This is actually a lot easier than it might seem! You are simply copy/pasting, then editing the content to be unique.
The first thing I do is open a new text document and number the sections of the report, which is the articles we just arranged. Here is what that looks like:
This is how I set up most reports:
- Open up each article document. I like to open them up in the order of how they are going in the report, but it’s not necessary.
- Create a new document for the report. Add the list of articles we just made, number them, and bold them so they are easy to see.
- Copy and paste each article under the corresponding section header. Make sure you double-check that it is going in the right place.
- Edit the content. Before formatting the report, you want to edit the content to be unique. You can do this with each individual article before putting them into a report, but I find it easier to work with the report as a whole. Here are some tips for editing your PLR content.
- Finish formatting the report and add images. When I provide you guys with reports, I don’t usually add images, but I often provide royalty-free images that would go good with that content. You can either use these or find your own. It is great to have images for your readers as it keeps them engaged.
The following image shows you what my final report ended up looking like. You will also get it when you buy the Perfectionism PLR pack as a free bonus I included.
Have any questions? Let me know! I’m happy to help.